Monday, April 28, 2008

Creative disasters and my brain exploding...

I had a couple of artistic disasters on Saturday. I don't know what makes me think I can paint or draw or bring anything out of my head and turn it into something besides words. I tried to paint a cute bird perched upon a tree with winding branches. It failed. So then I tried markers. It failed. His eye became a blob of green somehow and the rest...well, not to be desired. I've realized that I can draw (somewhat) decently with pen or pencil, but when color comes into play...forget about it! That is why I stick to collage and perhaps the ocassional painted background. I know I have a lot to learn about the art world. I'm still not even that great at ATCs, but I'm learning and looking and buying a lot of really neat stuff to try and "help" me out.

I'm a bit off focus. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be focusing on, but I know that I have a lot of ideas swirling in my head - things I want to make, stories I want to write, books I want to read, communities I want to participate in - and I just can't do it all at once. I feel a bit overwhelmed with creativity. A blessing or a curse? Either way, it's a very unorganized process. I've tried writing it all down, but then I just have to remember to look at what I've written.

P.S. You wouldn't believe that a new idea just popped into my head. Ack!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm feeling the same way at the moment, not getting much done around my two little boys! They come first but there are so many good ideas coming at once! what do you do????