Monday, May 19, 2008

Good things come to those who wait...

I was beginning to think I would never get to read Francesca Lia Block's new book Quakeland, but Friday night I received a call from Books-a-Million saying my order had come in. I really wasn't thinking they'd get it. I don't know why. The unseen forces of the universe tend to keep FLB's stuff away from me for long periods of time. ANYwhichway, I started jumping up and down while the message played and the beau just kind of looked on in confusion. I haven't read many pages yet, but what I've read is wonderful, as always! I noticed the picture of her on the back flap is a picture she took of herself at a party. I saw it on Myspace!



I also found this cute coffee mug at Cracker Barrel. I hadn't been there in years and was overjoyed at all the delicious candy they had on stock. So of course I picked up these coconut bon bons!



In other news...I've been crafting away - making a lot of ATCs and receiving some really amazing ones too! I'll post soon enough. I don't like the way my own art photographs though. It seems so lackluster. The colors don't come through and yadda yadda.

Oh, how I wish I had those bon bons here with me now!

2 comments:

Chrissy Johnson said...

That's great news! Of course it's great so far...I just finished Guarding the Moon (the autobiography she wrote after her first baby was born)...what a powerful little trinket of a book that is!

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

I LOVE Francesca Lia Block!!!
I pretty much have all of her books but the one you are mentioning now, i will get it as soon as I can ;-)
I think you are doing a great job with your atc's, I was checking them out on flickr the other day.