Sunday, May 25, 2008

Just us chickens (the dog and me)

I wasn't too excited about the Memorial Day weekend on Friday because the beau left to New Mexico for a week, but the first day is always the hardest. I always settle into being alone after the first day, and this weekend has been rather delightful!



I finished three of the Paris in Springtime tags and I'm rather proud of them! It's the first time I've made tags and they're addictive.



I did some journaling and reading on the balcony on Saturday. I bought C'est La Vie. A lovely book about the French life from an American's point of view.



Today I made cinnamon rolls and drank raspberry tea.

Other wonderful things~
* I also bought Paris When it Sizzles. Have you noticed that in two of Audrey Hepburn's movies she falls in love with a writer?
*Painted my nails "pure ice peony"
*Had a big cup of white chocolate mocha and a white chocolate chunk macadamia cookie
*I eat way too many sweets :)
*Watched Marie Antoinette. Only my second time to see it. Such a drool worthy film.

The days have been filled with warm winds and sunshine putting freckles on my arms.

And there's another day left!

7 comments:

Calder said...

Cool tags!! The cinn rolls made my mouth water.
Enjoy Memorial day!!

Smiles!

Anonymous said...

OH MY!! Well, I'll say you did WOnderful things. But I am mad at you. Why didn't you invite me over for homemade cinnamon rolls???????? How could you eat them without me!!! ;) Okay, I am not mad, just as long as you invite me next time :) Love the tags!! You are such a sweetie!!

Pilar said...

Both chic and whimsical!:D

deanna said...

No, I haven't heard of Francesca Lia Block but I'll definitely check her out! Beautiful blog, btw!!!!

Corwink said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog!!! I just went and subscribed so I will be checking in on you often. Great collage work. Oh and the cinnamon rolls made me very hungry. Mmmmmmmmm must go and make some.

KellyGirlKnits on swapbot

Amanda said...

I LOVE all of those things! paris! audrey! raspberry tea! I'll have to keep track of your blog!

Anastasia said...

love the tags - sometimes its nice being home alone to create....the buns look good too!!